PHILADELPHIA — On Thursday – the last day of the Democratic convention – some Bernie Sanders’ supporters were debating whether to vote for Green Party candidate Jill Stein in November.

Clarissa Rodriguez, 17, from Texas City, Texas, said she would not vote for Stein “because she can’t win….

“I will vote for Hillary Clinton for president because that’s my option. Do I think it’s an actual progressive option? No, but there’s no way in hell Donald Trump is going to win my White House,” Rodriguez said.

Jen Ramos, 24, of Austin, Texas, agreed with Rodriguez. “I’ve been loyal to the Democratic Party since even before I was able to vote,” Ramos said.

Other Bernie supporters like Jim Buydston, 55, from San Diego, California, like Jill Stein and have voted for her in the past.

“The first thing she (Stein) stands for is integrity. She’ll be a true public servant. Which is why I supported Bernie. I only voted for an establishment candidate once in my life, and I’ll never do it again.”

Robert Moon, 30, of North Carolina, was also for Stein.

“Absolutely. I actually liked Jill Stein better than Sanders before everything happened.”:

***

Up and coming Democratic stars are emerging in Philadelphia. Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., got a lot of attention.

New Yorker Beth Lindahl, 25, was impressed by Booker and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.

“Cory Booker’s speech really blew it out of the water. I think everyone really appreciated it and I think he speaks to a lot of values a lot of Democrats have right now,” Lindahl said.

Justin Click, 21, from Morgantown, West Virginia, said many delegates thought Booker’s speech was reminiscent of Barack Obama’s performance at the 2004 convention. “Not only was it like a come-together moment or a come-together message, but it was like when we face challenges, we don’t push others away.”

Abigail Andrews, 19, of New York, loved Booker’s youth and passion.

“I am just really excited about his commitment to diversity and equality and just having a safer, more equal — just pushing toward the progressive social environment.,”

***

Bernie Sanders supporters were still hopeful on Day 2 of the convention that their candidate somehow had a chance to become the Democratic nominee – even though he had endorsed Clinton.

New Yorker Jade Eddy argued that the two-party system was broken “and it makes no sense.”

“If it turns out that Hillary gets the nomination, I don’t know what I’m going to do because I do not trust that woman. Not one bit…” Eddy said during a pro-Sanders demonstration outside the convention hall. “We need to ditch (the) two parties …”

Another New Yorker, Elliot Crawn, said he feared “a lot of people will not vote. The Trumpers will vote because they’re rabid… I think people are so disgusted with both parties …”

Infuriated by the recent Wikileaks email leaks, Laura Slitt of New Hampshire said if there may be “an opportunity for perhaps the Sanders movement to morph into an independent movement” after the Democratic National Convention.

In the meantime, Marc North of Washington said Sanders’ supporters were in no mood to go quietly into the night.

“I’m not going to be confrontational, but a lot of people are fed up,” North said. “They aren’t going to give up so easily.

Jonathan Steiner, 48, a supporter from New York, said it was absurd for Clinton to expect help from the Sanders fans. Her campaign continues to “grind us into the ground and continues to show that they are not going to care about our issues or us or our votes,” he said.

***

Even before the Democratic National Convention officially opened, Bernie Sanders delegates were eager to hear from their progressive hero.

Randall Sanderson, a Sanders’ delegate from South Dakota, said the candidate’s impromptu speech to supporters Monday put the party “on notice.”

“We’re not going to stand for a machine running the party. If a machine is running the party, it’s going to be the same way running the government,” Sanderson said. “If you want a democratic government, you have to have a Democratic party.”

Dylan Workman, a fellow delegate from South Dakota, said if Hillary Clinton “gives me a reason to vote for her, I will. I haven’t been given that reason yet.”

But Margaret Potts of St. Louis, Missouri, said party unity was essential to win in November against Republican Donald Trump.

“Bernie’s not necessarily gung-ho about Hillary, that’s obvious, but he’s basically saying that when he supports her it’s because he doesn’t want Trump. He’s about keeping the party united, not necessarily about agreeing with all of her politics.”

Brenna Cain of Casper, Wyoming, said the most important thing for Sanders’ delegates was to keep his progressive platform moving forward.

“It’s not about him (Sanders), it’s about us. So even if Bernie changes course, it doesn’t mean his supporters have changed course,” Cain said.

Tim Knox, mayor of Amador City, California, put it this way: “The revolution continues. We’re still working to change democracy in this nation.”

***

Wednesday: Hillary Clinton has been nominated by acclimation, the first women to make this far as the presidential candidate of a major party. Women in Philadelphia, and elsewhere, are excited about the prospect of the first female president.

Paulette Palmer a senior citizen from Greenwood, Mississippi, said, “It means a lot to our younger generations now to know that it’s a reality. I think it’s gonna change the mentality of women. That they’re going to be stronger now and not shy about speaking out.”

C. Denise Marcelle, of Baton Rouge Louisiana, who is running to be the first female mayor of the city, said Hillary’s nomination will inspire other female leaders.

“Just as African Africans saw with our first African American president. I believe that it’s going to bring the same excitement to women,” Marcelle said.

It has already inspired her campaign, she said.

“I’m trying to break some ceilings myself,” she said.

Others were less enthused.

Moumita Amet, 26, of New York, said, “Corporate America just won.” The primary process was rigged, Amet complained, and Clinton was aided by party regulars going to the convention as super delegates.

“For me, a person of color, a working class woman, a person with a lot of debt, the prospect of having a woman that represents my values has been stolen for me.” It’s still a step up for women, Amet said, but “it’s not what I envisioned,” she says.

Amet said she’s worried that Donald Trump could win in November

“My parents who are Muslim, like myself, are being … attacked by politicians like Donald Trump, and instead of empowering our community, they’re telling us to fear…